I was watching the World Cup group C match between England and Slovenia last night. The match commentary by BBC was one sided and no wonder, the commentators were former England players like Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer! Never a fan of the English team, I was hoping that Slovenia would deliver a KO to England just like the South African did to France in group A.
Alas, the Slovenians conceded a goal in 23rd minutes and failed to capitalise on some of the good chances they had. Throughout the match, the commentators were saying that England would top their group. Hence I was happy to know that the USA team has pipped them to the top spot with a 1-0 win over Algeria in the other group match at the end.
I will now be rooting for Germany to beat England in the 2nd round match this weekend.
(My apologies to fans of the England team. Hope you don't feel offended)
No comments:
Post a Comment