' True God, false worship; False god, true worship'
Heard this term in mandarin while accompanying my father at his place recently. He was listening to a sermon tape from his church while recuperating after his operation. I was intrigued by this term. More importantly, it spoke to me about how real this term can be in my life at times.
True God, false worship - According false worship to the true God. This is a scary thought, yet at times I find myself guilty of doing just that. I remember there were days I just go through the motions of doing quiet time. While worshiping with the lips, the mind was wandering elsewhere...thinking about work, what to do for the day etc.
False god, true worship - Fanatically devoted to something which/who is not God. Again, I was at times guilty of that too. So often, one of the first things I did after waking up in the morning was looking through my black berry. I was so concerned about the emails that come from US during the time I was sleeping. Little did I realize that I was becoming like a workaholic. Being responsible and passionate for the job is good, doing it at the expense of God is not.
I'm glad that God spoke to me on that. It brought a sense of balance and correction needed to me. I will still be passionate about doing my job well but God must be first.
2 comments:
I think God just spoke to me also... : ) Hee
A great wake-up call to those who are currently overwhelmed by many things happening in this fast changing world. May all those who have 'eyes' to see get our focus re-aligned now. Cheers...Adeline
Post a Comment