Woke up early at 530am on april 9th while Denise was still sound asleep. Tried to pack some final stuff and then found that the luggage bag zips could not be secured by the number lock. Panicked as no time to change another bag...so I used the cable tie to secure the zips. Thankfully it worked! Booked a cab and hurried downstairs. Then I realised that I forgot to bring my jacket along while on the cab (Korea weather was about 10 deg C then). Reached airport at 650am(supposed to check in at 615am as it's a 8am flight). Thank God they allowed me to checked in. What a morning!!!
Tried to learn some korean words using the krisworld system on board the plane. I even took the test and passed with quite good marks (about 60%)....but by the time I disembark from the plane, I don't remember a single korean word! Lousy lousy!
Jo, my korean colleague, picked me up and sent me to Daesan (2.5hrs from Seoul). Here's a picture of my guesthouse view from outside and the room....not too bad, right?
Jo bought dinner at a nearby restaurant. Everything is in korean characters and no picture to show what they are. Thankfully he ordered BBQ pork. To my shock, 20 other small dishes came with it...kimchi veg, kimchi oyster, kimchi octopus.....etc. Wanted to take a picture of the dishes but didn't want be seen like some "sua gu" guy or over enthusiastic tourist, so didn't do that. Food was good though. Enjoyed it a lot but I freaked out when was asked whether I eat dog meat!
Finally, on my way back home on april 12th, this taxi driver who was engaged to take me to the airport gave me a real scare; he was driving at 170km/hr on the highway! It kept me praying for a safe journey. Thought of telling him to slow down but was afraid that it would confuse or distract him...Definitely won't want to take his car the next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment