Saturday, December 12, 2009

SCSM 2009

I signed up for the Standard Chartered half marathon on late May this year, anticipating that I would have sufficient time to train up for it. However, I could not find time to train since august onwards due to heavy workload all the way till end november. In fact, the maximum I had ran was 6km several days before the event.  I was very hesitant to run the half marathon (21.1km), having not trained enough for it. Up to 3 days before the event, I even asked a colleague (who has ran marathons in the last few years) if he was keen to run on my behalf but he was not able to.

Finally, I decided to go ahead and run the half marathon (since I had registered and paid for it) and taking it as an exercise. I was prepared to give up half way if I cannot take it.

It was such a great feeling when I crossed the finishing line. I was so glad that I could finish the event without stopping and  I am very grateful to God for the strength to complete the gruelling event.


Of course, the muscle aches thereafter was terrible. I had to paste some "koyo" to alleviate the muscle aches. (pic taken by Denise and she insisted I should put this photo on the blog)












PS. The above is my experience. Pls do not attempt running a long distance event without much training.


1 comment:

YVES said...

Bravo! Well done, brother. Never noted you have sexy legs... haahaa