Like all previous years, 2008 was full of events and experiences that both Denise and I could look back with fondness and tinges of sadness. Here are a few of them (the last 2 are for me):
1. Celebrating our 5 years of marriage
It has been a fabulous 5 years of marriage. We can look back with thanksgiving at God's wonderful grace and love in seeing us through the past 5 years. Here's to the next 5 years!
2. Visiting Switzerland in July
It was our long-held desire to visit Switzerland. It was a dream come true this year for us after redeeming all my Krisflyer mileage for 2 return tickets. We had a wonderful time there. It was a pity that Andrew and Karen were not there at the same time after planning for it together. Well, they had a fabulous time there too.
3. Welcoming back Andrew and Karen
Time indeed flies. We were only sending our dear friends off as they relocated to Qatar last year and now they are back with us. We're glad to have them back and we have since been enjoying the fellowship with them and our other close friends.
4. Biding farewell to Elton and Irena (plus little Jaron)
This is one that we feel sad about. Elton found a job with Levi's in Hong Kong and the family relocated there in Aug. We are missing them in the weekly family dinners and little cute Jaron who has brought much joy to the family. They were back for a week in dec and will be back for another break again in april. Will be looking forward to seeing them.
5. Involving in Overseas Chinese ministry
Since its launch in April, this ministry has progressed well. Credit to Crystal and some of the core volunteers for doing a great job! For me, this is one area that I could contribute more. After a pretty decent start, I missed a lot of the events due to my business trips. It must be one of the items for me to improve on next year.
6. Tried to reduce coffee intake
Ha! I just listed this one because this is the first time I tried to reduce the coffee I drink every day. I failed big time! I struggled with headaches and tiredness on those days I don't drink coffee for that 2 weeks of trial. I'm back to my daily cup of aroma. I will try to cut down again next year, hopefully....
We also want to thank all of our family members and friends for many more wonderful memories that are not mentioned here. It is with much thanksgiving to God that we say ciao to 2008.
We are looking forward to a new year with anticipation of greater things. To our loved ones and friends reading this blog post, we wish you a Blessed New Year filled with the abundance of our good Lord's blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment