Recently I received a letter from the bank's Fraud dept, asking me to contact them immediately to verify overseas transactions in my credit card account. It also informed that my card was terminated. I called immediately but the bank was closed. I was very worried about what had happened?
I called the bank the next day, and was shocked when they informed me that there are a few overseas transactions done on-line that they need to clarify with me. There are about 5 transactions, which I have never done, and location of the transactions were made in Madrid (Spain), amounting to a few thousands Euro $$!! (I was so worried that i have to pay for these)
Thank God that the bank officer
I am still wondering how this can happen? And also would never expect that i'll be the victim. I only made one on-line transaction to buy travel insurance before my recent holiday to Vietnam. Could it be this that accidentally led to the hacking of my credit card acct?? The bank officer did not have answers to my questions above.
Anyway, I am so thankful to God that despite the numerous transactions done everyday, overseas or locally, that my case was being taken noticed of, otherwise I cannot imagine the loss ($$) I would incurred!
Praise God!!!!!!!!!
Denise
1 comment:
make sure you cancel the card also.
Post a Comment